The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy.
The award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring.
I would like to thank Arjamagne Calidguid-Endaya for the nomination. There is something phenomenal when people can connect through words which elicit emotions or even consume every thought. Those that can use words to inspire and spread joy have a true gift. I am honored to be called creative, positive, and inspiring. Thanks to all those out there who continue to inspire others with their honesty, open-minds, and positivity. You are a true gift to us all!
As is the tradition for this award, here are 11 random facts about me:
- My first blog was about building a home aquaponics system
- I am kind of short (5’7″), and yes that’s my real name 😉
- I get a free subscription to The Scientist, Nature Methods, and Nature Biotechnology. Score!
- Paper or Plastic? Paper. Always paper.
- I think I used to be a cat in a past life. Seriously.
- I smell everything before I eat or drink it. Drank bad milk when I was a kid.
- I dream of building vegetable and fish farms all over the world.
- I plan to own a fish food factory. Must have my own sustainably produced feed.
- I used to be a professional photographer.
- Snow is my favorite form of water.
- If you were given the privilege to speak in front of hundreds to millions of people, what topic would you choose to speak of? Why? (minimum of 2 sentences) (question courtesy of Arjamagne)
- I would choose to discuss Food Sustainability. Our current model of agriculture has shown to be heavily reliant on non-renewable resources and is burdensome to the ecosystem. We must shift our focus and choose to implement agricultural models that are environmentally friendly and more sustainable than traditional agri-business models. This means learning how to eat differently by consuming environmentally friendly foods that can be sourced from local producers.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Tell 10 random things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers (as many as you want).
- Follow the original rules.
- Name (2) people, living or dead, that have inspired you. Why?
I would like to pass on the nomination process to the following people (in no particular order) whom I think are creative, inspiring and continue to spread positivity in their works:
I may not have connected with all of you personally but I am inspired to write and become a better blogger thanks to your work and support in the blogging community. The choice is yours if you would like to participate but know that your work is much appreciated!